One magazine is defying the trend
Posted on 21/10/2013 by Karen
Last week, I was speaking with Graham Wakeling, publisher of Adelaide’s In-Business Magazine. He told me that after 32 years, the BRW magazine was not going to be printed any more. It would be available online for free, but as far as I’m concerned, that’s just not the same as having a magazine in your hand. Or on the coffee table.
Graham said he is quite happy to buck the trend and keep publishing his In-Business magazine, which has been around for 12 years…
- It’s a local publication so it’s relevant to local business with lots of articles about what’s happening in Adelaide in business and industry development
- A quality magazine, it has embossing on the cover this edition and it’s got an upmarket feel so it’s definitely not your run-of-the-mill mag
- In-Business is published 6 times a year which is not too often, so when it lands on your desk, you notice the new edition
- It has a shelf life of 2 months and hangs around reception areas for quite a while
- With other magazines stopping their print versions and only having an online edition, In-Business will have less competition for readers — which is even better for anyone advertising in it.